Ford will be showing the Kuga crossover concept next week in Frankfurt. The Kuga is the offroad version of the Ford Focus, based on the same platform.
The production version of the Kuga should be pretty similar to the concept that was shown in Frankfurt: the Kuga is already an evolution of the Iosis X concept that was shown last year in Paris.
All-New Ford Kuga in Brief
* Stylish Ford Kuga crossover will be previewed at Frankfurt Motor Show in near production form ahead of sales launch in early 2008
* Inspired by the iosis X Concept that was revealed at the 2006 Paris Motor Show
* Kuga is the latest showcase for Ford’s ‘kinetic design’
* Impressive on-road driving dynamics with substantial off-road ability
* Model range features ‘intelligent’ 4WD and FWD systems
* Powered by Ford’s acclaimed 2.0-litre 136 PS (101 kw) Duratorq TDCi diesel engine
* Benefits from strong Ford Focus lineage
* First crossover designed and developed in-house by Ford of Europe
* To be produced at Ford’s Saarlouis plant in Germany